1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips or sliced into rounds (or you could use a pound of baby carrots)
2 tablespoons vegan butter
Enough water to cover carrots in the pan
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons agave syrup (can use white or brown sugar also)
Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Boil enough salted water in a pan to cover the carrots once they’re placed in.
- Place carrots in boiling water and cook until fork tender. The time will vary depending on how thick your carrot pieces are.
- Drain the water and return the pan to the stove, over low heat. Let the heat remove the water. Add the butter. Toss carrots until coated with melted butter.
- Add the agave syrup and stir the carrots in the butter and syrup until the two form a glaze.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as wanted.
- Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional)