Serves: 2 cups
- 1¼ lb eggplant
- 2 T tahini
- 2 T olive oil plus a little more for roasting the eggplant
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Wash and slice the eggplant in half and trim the leaves from the top, drizzle with olive oil and place cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Pierce the skin lightly all around with a fork
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the eggplant is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Cut each half of the eggplant into 4-6 sections to fit into your blender or food processor.
- Add the other ingredients and blend until smooth. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Flavors will develop and show at their best in a few hours.