There is studies showing that frying potatoes in hot oil creates some unfortunate chemicals. So baking is the better (and overall healthier) option.
Adapted from here-
- 7-8 Small to Medium Sized Potatoes. If you are using smaller Yukon Gold, then just cut them lengthwise in half and then half again so you have wedges.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and papper to taste
- Clean and slice potatoes into fairly thick french fries ¾” to 1″ thick
- Add to pot of cold water (enough to cover) and bring to boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easier.
- After boiling, drain potatoes and place back into pot. Make sure there is no excess water. Damp is fine.
- Add all seasonings, cover, and shake to distribute. Don’t shake more than 10 seconds or so or you will eventually have mashed potatoes.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.