You can easily modify this dish and add or subtract whatever you want. Add in some fried potatoes for more body. Turn it Mexican with some salsa and serve with flour tortillas.
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 block tofu
- 2 tbsp oil or margarine
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
Crumble the tofu in a bowl (use hands or a fork) or crumble later in the skillet using a spatula.
Next, heat the oil or margarine in a large skillet or frying pan and sautee the chopped onion, pepper to soften. Add in the crumbled tofu and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Next, add the garlic powder, onion powder and soy sauce and reduce the heat down to medium. Allow your tofu to cook 5-7 more minutes, stirring frequently and adding a bit more oil if needed. Finally, add the nutritional yeast and stir to combine well and make sure that your tofu is well coated.
To make plain scrambled “eggs” , from Forks and Beans http://www.forkandbeans.com/2015/07/27/tofu-scrambled-eggs/?fref=gc
- 15 oz. tofu, firm
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- 3 Tbsp.vegetable broth
- nondairy butter
- Drain the tofu from the water.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet (if you don’t have a nonstick skillet, please make sure your pan is well-greased) over medium-high heat. You can a little knob of nondairy butter too regardless for an even creamier taste.
- Add tofu and spices together. Using a spatula, cut up the tofu in the pan to look like scrambled eggs.
- Once incorporated, add the vegetable broth (1 tablespoon at a time) bringing the broth to a boil and allowing to fully absorb into the tofu each time.
- Remove from heat and season with sea salt and pepper as desired.