A vegan replacement for a beefy pasta dish. This is old time comfort food.
- 2 boxes of large pasta shells
- Bit of oil or broth
- 1 med-large onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves or garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 package of Gardein or equiv beef crumbles
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 3/4 jar of marinara sauce
- 1 container of vegan parmesan cheese (Follow Your Heart recommended)
Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside
In a large skillet, saute onion for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic. Cook until soft.
Add in can of diced tomatoes, marinara sauce, parmesan cheese, and beef crumbles.
Simmer for 5-6 minutes.
Mix sauce with pasta and serve