COOK TIME 30 minutes
- 10 ounces, mushrooms, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 green chilis chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 big or 3 small tomatoes
- 7 cashews
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Heat oil and butter in a non-stick pan. Add onion, garlic, green chili and ginger and sauté until translucent. Add a pinch of salt while sautéeing so that onion cooks faster.
- Add the mushroom and sauté until it develops some color.
- Meanwhile, grind the tomatoes and the cashews together adding a little water to form a smooth paste.
- Add this ground paste along with red chili powder, garam masala powder, and turmeric powder to the cooked mushrooms and onion and bring it to a boil. Adjust the salt and water for desired consistency. This might take about 4 to 5 minutes
- Add the non-dairy milk and again bring to a boil. Finally, add the dried kasuri methi/fenugreek leaves, mix well, and cook for one minute or until you get the desired consistency.