Makes about 2 cups of sauce and can be refrigerated.
- 16 oz potatoes (about 3 medium yukon golds or 2 peeled russet) chopped into cubes not larger than 3/4″ thick
- 7 – 8 carrots, chopped (about ½ of a 16oz bag of baby carrots)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons plant based milk
- 1 tsp apple cider or white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp brown mustard
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- Wash and scrub and peel if required, both potatoes and carrots. Yukon gold potatoes do not need peeling.
- Chop into uniform pieces and boil for 10 minutes
- Let rest for 5 minutes
- With slotted spoon, transfer veggies to blender
- Add 1 cup of the potato water
- Pulse to mix. Add water if not mixing. Do not add too much as you do not want a runny sauce.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy
Keep leftovers in frig for up to one week. To reheat, add more almond milk to thin the sauce.