- 1-1/2 cups elbow macaroni, dry use whole grain pasta
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced or any color
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes, with juice
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans or fresh cooked
- 1 15 oz can white kidney beans (or pintos) or fresh cooked
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp basil, ground
- salt to taste, if desired
Cook and drain pasta
Dice onions, celery, and bell pepper.
Saute until soft
Stir in all other ingredients (except macaroni). Mix well and allow to cook 5-7 minutes.
Mix with pasta and cook for 1-2 more minutes.