Cole Slaw pictured next to BBQ Seitan”ribs” and mashed potatoes.
Cole Slaw is easy to make vegan. Just use vegan mayo instead of dairy mayo. The basic recipe is finely chopped cabbage, some carrots, mayo, vinegar.
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tablespoons raw agave (or other sugar)
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon2 fresh dill or ground dill
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (or stoneground..or regular)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Chop cabbage as finely as possible. Shred or julienne carrots thin as well.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Use a wooden spoon, thoroughly mix all of the ingredients together.
- Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Alternative for non-mayo/non-oil. Soak 1/2 cup of raw cashews for a minimum of 1 hour. Put into a high speed blender with the apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, dill, and enough water to allow the nuts to blend. Then mix the blended sauce with the cabbage and carrots.