There are a lot of corn fritter recipes. I modified one I found. This one uses the starch in potatoes and rice to replace any egg binder.
- 1 large or 2 medium russet potatoes
- Heaping cup of frozen or canned corn kernels
- 1/4-1/3rd cup of cooked sticky rice.
- 1/4-1/3rd cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (I like Panko)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/8th tsp ground ginger
- 12 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley or cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
Peel potatoes. Shred. Press pile of potatoes with paper towels to remove water. Change paper 3-4 times.
In large bowl, add all ingredients. Using fork, stir until well mixed. Do not mash.
In a wide shallow frying pan, heat a thin layer of oil using medium heat. When hot, take a small ball of the potato/rice/bread crumb/corn mix and press in your hands to flatten then place using spatula in pan. Cook a few at a time. Cook both sides, until golden brown.
Serve with vegan sour cream or ketchup.