I think for many dishes, this use of cauliflower is a great substitute for where normally a chicken meat is used. I am using it for the Orange Cauliflower Chicken, the General Tso’s Cauliflower, and the Cauliflower Buffalo Wings.
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk (can also use Soy Milk)
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1` tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and cut a head of cauliflower into bite sized chunks.
- Mix all batter ingredients in a large bowl. Batter will be stiff, similar to a pancake batter or slightly stiffer. Add water or flour to adjust if needed..
- Place cauliflower on parchment lined cookie sheet (if you do not have parchment paper, you can lightly coat the sheet with oil)
- If the bowl is large enough, just dump all the cauliflower pieces in batter and mix with your hands until fully covered. Arrange on cookie sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges crisp up and turn golden brown. You want a certain level of crisp here.