These can be served as steaks or as a burger.
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari sauce
- ¼ cup plain tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- pinch sea salt and pepper
- Remove the stems of the portobello mushrooms. Mix the remaining ingredients together (soy sauce through to salt and pepper in a large and deep bowl.
- Toss the mushrooms in the marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for 1 hour (up to overnight) in the fridge). Every so often, turn the mushrooms over in the marinade so they all get evenly coated in the marinade.
- Warm a large grill (or bbq) over high heat. Spray grill with a non-stick cooking spray. Grill the mushrooms on each side for about 3-4 minutes (7-8 minutes total). Brush the mushrooms with the marinade while grilling.
- When the mushrooms are nicely grilled and cooked through, remove from the grill and serve warm! I love these portobello burgers with mashed potatoes, pasta, and as burger in a bun.