- 1 cup lentils
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 onions, large, chopped (or 6 small onions)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ t thyme
- 1 lb spinach, fresh or frozen
- ½ c vegetable broth (optional)
- ¼ c vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 10 slices whole wheat bread, ripped in pieces
- ¼ c ground flaxseed, optional for nutritional boost!
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed plus 1/2 c warm water
- ketchup (optional)
Cook lentils for 20 minutes in boiling water. Drain.
Place drained lentils and Italian seasoning in a food processor and process to resemble ground meat. Add water as needed.
Sauté onions and red pepper in oil, salt, pepper, and thyme for a few min.
Add spinach, cook few more min.
Add broth, Worcestershire, and tomato paste; mix well.
Let mixture cool.
Add “ground lentil meat”, bread, flax; mix well. Smash into 9 x 13” rectangular glass pan (don’t need to grease). Spread ketchup on top. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Enjoy!