An old American stand by… almost everyone loves Macaroni Salad… but traditionally made with dairy. Here is a tasty and easy vegan replacement.
- 2 Cups macaroni or other pasta, cooked, drained, cooled
- ½ Cup of diced celery
- ¼ Cup of minced red onion (soak it in water to dilute the flavor a bit!)
- 1 Tbl dried parsley flakes
- ½ Cup cherry tomatoes chopped (optional)
- ½ Cup Vegan Mayo (more if you want it more creamy)
- 1 Tbl of mustard (Dijon pref)
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1½ Tbl apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add in your macaroni, celery, red onion, parsley, and cherry tomatoes.
- If you want you can add these “wet” ingredients into another bowl and whisk (its a bit easier to do this) or if you don’t like creating more dirty dishes (like me) just throw it all in too. Add your vegan mayo, mustard, sugar, and vinegar
- If you haven’t done this yet, mix the wet ingredients into your pasta bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add more vegan mayo if its too dry or add more celery if you want more crunch!