Whenever I go to Veggie Grill in SoCal… I try to order these. So good! I found this recipe
- 4-6 Corn on the cob
- Vegan parmesan, optional
- Lime Cashew Crema, recipe below
- Seasoning Blend, recipe below
- Cilantro, to top, optional
- Hot Sauce, optional
- Lime, to garnish, optional
- Lime Cashew Crema (all in a blender until smooth):
- 2 Limes juiced, 1 zested (1.5 ounces)
- 1 cup Cashews, soaked at least 2 hours
- 4 ounces Water
- Pinch of Salt, to taste
- Dash of Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- Seasoning Blend:
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt, or to taste
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil corn (husks removed) for 5 minutes.
- Remove from water and pat dry.
- Bring a grill pan or actual grill to a medium high heat. Carefully add your corn cobs and grill until all sides have grill marks.
- Rub each cob with lime, then follow up with an even coating of lime crema, a generous sprinkle of the seasoning blend and a vegan parm, to desired taste.
- Serve hot, topped with fresh cilantro, hot sauce (optional) and extra wedges of lime on the side.