Originally from “Eat More Plants”
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 TBSP minced garlic
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- Mushrooms, white 8 oz package or 2 cups, sliced
- 4 cups veggie stock
- Fresh thyme, 1 sprig
- 1 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 and 1/4 tsp salt (more to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper
Melt butter in a sauce pan. Once melted, stir in flour. Whisk or stir to remove clumps.
Add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes to soften.
Add mushrooms. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
Add veggie stock. Bring to a boil then turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add thyme, rosemary, and sage. Add salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 more minutes. Add more salt and pepper if needed.