This is so simple, easy, and so good. You can make the whole dish in about 15 minutes. It can save or freeze also.
- 3/4-1 cup of finely chopped mushrooms. Any kind, white, button, or ?
- 1 small white or yellow onion, finely chopped or minced.
- 1/4 cup or one stick of vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
- 2 and 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- salt and pepper
In skillet or frying pan, melt butter. Toss in onions and cook for 1-2 minutes on high heat.
Toss in mushrooms. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Add in broth and soy sauce, stirring. Now carefully add in flour while stirring. Add in small amounts as you go and avoid lumps. If you get a lump, break it up with the spoon. Now toss in spices (you can substitute premade “poultry seasoning” and use 1 and 1/2 tsp instead). Stir! Cook for a few minutes.
Gravy will thicken as it cools. If too thick, add water or broth. If too thin, stir in more flour.