- 1 cup cooked rice (or start with 1/2 cup rice grains and cook)
- 1+2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium russet potatoes, or 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika (or use smoked paprika for more of a smoky taste)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 cans black beans rinsed and drained
- 8 large vegan burrito tortillas
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2-3 medium roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Guacamole, salsa, vegan sour cream, or chipotle sauce
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees if not using an air fryer.
- Dice the potato and put them on a parchment lined tray. Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil over the top and toss to coat. Sprinkle chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper over the potatoes. Toss to combine. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the edges start to brown, flip halfway through. This can also be done in the air fryer.
While the potatoes are roasting, saute the diced onion in 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Add drained black beans and minced garlic cloves. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the beans are warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside until everything is ready.
When the potatoes are done roasting, add them to the pan with the beans and onions. Mix to combine.
Warm a tortilla, place the lettuce down first, add rice, a scoop of the black bean and potato mixture, tomatoes, and guacamole. Squeeze a wedge of lime over the filling and roll up the burrito