Easy to make, easy to modify, and very tasty!
- 5 Large Red Potatoes (can use any potatoes). You want about 4-5 cups of chopped potatoes
- 1/2 red onion, chopped (can use any onion)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped (optional)
- Firm tofu, cubed (optional)
- 1/2 bunch parsley, roughly chopped (if not fresh, use 1/4 cup parsley flakes)
- 2 cloves minced garlic (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan Mayo
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 rounded tablespoons Whole Grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Wash and cube your potatoes. If using red or gold potatoes, leave skin on. If using russet, peel first.
In a large pot with water, bring to a boil and cook until tender, should be only 7-10 minutes. Use a fork to test. Do not overcook or the potatoes will be mushy.
Remove from heat and drain. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
In a medium or large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. I like to mix in the everything but the onion, celery, parsley, and tofu to blend the sauce with a whisk. Then I add in the onion, celery, parsley and tofu.
(Do a taste test, add in more of sugar, salt, mayo, or vinegar if needed)
Toss in your potatoes and gently stir until fully coated.
Place in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving, or you can eat this right away. Optionally garnish with some chopped fresh parsley.