Now this is an easy dish to make. Ramen. Many of the prepared dried noodle packages are not vegan, so look first. The Oriental Flavor and Chili flavor Top Ramen are vegan. Now you can just eat it with the supplied spice pack and call it done. But you can also add veggies and flavors and even substitute other spices for the supplied spice package. One thing I really like to add it chopped green onions. Another is sliced mushrooms. And I always add some toasted sesame oil and chili oil to add heat.
You can also use the dried noodle brick as a starting point for other dishes, such as a Thai peanut noodle dish, a Asian cabbage slaw, and more.
Here is one way to take the basic noodles and really amp it up.
INGREDIENTS for two servings
2 cloves garlic
Same amount of ginger
Fresh red chili
1 green onions, top green part
1 Tbls vegetable oil
3 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
1 cubes vegetable stock (or vegan chicken stock)
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
Salt to taste
Sesame oil to taste
2 slices pumpkin (or butternut squash)
1/4 cup mushrooms (use any kind)
1/2 block tofu
Corn starch to cover tofu
2 servings ramen noodles
Green onion to garnish
Sesame seeds to garnish
1. Place vegetable oil, minced garlic and ginger, chopped chili and crushed green onion into a sauce pan and fry over super low flame. After garlic changes color, add milk, vegetable stock, and pepper, heat and stop before it comes to a boil. Add salt to taste and sesame oil to flavor. (If you let it get to boiling point, it will separate and look gross. So please be careful!)
2. While heating the soy milk soup, prepare other ingredients. Heat vegetable oil in frying pan and fry sliced pumpkin and mushrooms and transfer to a separate dish.
3. Pour and heat vegetable oil in the frying pan to deep fry tofu (1/4″ deep is enough). Drain off tofu Pressing it is even better), cut it into 6 pieces and dry it on a paper towel. Dust starch on to the surface of cut tofu and fry the pieces until golden.
4. Boil noodles according to package directions and remove from water to drain.
5. Place noodles, heated soy milk soup, mushrooms, tofu, pumpkin and add chopped spring onion and sesame seeds to garnish. EAT!
Note: Consider bok choy, onion, cabbage to add. Cook first before adding.