- 1 med carrot, minced
- 1 large (or two small) yellow onions, minced
- 1 stalk of celery, minced
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, minced (1/4 cup before chopping) (or use 2 tablespoons dried basil powder)
- 2 cans (15 oz) cannelini (white northern) beans, drained
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of sun dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasonin
- 1/2 cup of pasta shells
Add minced veggies and olive oil to large pot. Stir and cook to soften.
Add basil, beans, tomatoes, and broth to pot. Stir.
Add spices. Salt and pepper to taste.
Add pasta shells. Bring to a boil. Then turn down heat and let simmer for 30 minutes or longer.
Garnish with slivers of fresh basil when serving. Serve hot of course!