Easy! As modified from Brand New Vegan’s recipe (I increased cashews and added olive oil)
Makes about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 30 minutes
- 12-16 oz extra-firm Tofu (one or one and 1/2 packages)
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Blend the cashews and garlic until almost a dust. Put all remaining ingredients in a blender. Add a little water if needed and you may need to scrape down the sides (love my silicone small spatula for this!). You want an almost paste consistency, not runny. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 cups blanched or raw slivered almonds
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon truffle oil
- Almonds must be soaked before blending. Either soak in room temperature water overnight, or pour boiling water over the nuts and let stand for 3 hours.
- Drain and rinse the soaked almonds. Transfer to a blender or food processor and add half of the water, salt, and truffle oil. Blend, adding more water until the mixture resembles ricotta cheese in texture. Taste and add more salt and oil if desired. Transfer to a storage container and keep in the refrigerator.
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mellow white miso
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a medium bowl, combine tofu, tahini, garlic, nutritional yeast, nutmeg, miso, lemon juice, pepper, shallot and parsley. Mash together with the back of a spoon until ingredients are incorporated.