For development. Original at carrots and flowers.
- 10 oz fettuccini noodles
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 package portobello mushrooms
- 1 head of broccoli (stems removed, optional)
- 1 tbs olive oil
Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- ½ cup hemp seeds (can use soaked cashews as an alternative)
- 2 large heads roasted garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado
- juice from 1 large lemon
- 2 scant tbs nutritional yeast
- ¾ cup water
- 10 large fresh basil leaves (approx 1/2 cup)
- Add all alfredo ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth and creamy. Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- In a large pan, sauté the onion and broccoli with the oil on medium heat for 5 minutes until slightly translucent then add the mushrooms. Cook until the liquid from the mushrooms mostly cooks off, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garbanzo beans and alfredo sauce. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes until heated thoroughly. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Add cooked pasta to pan and mix well.
- Plate and garnish with chopped fresh basil.
*To roast the garlic, trim the ends off of each head. Drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil, then bake at 400F for 40 minutes. Can be done the night before.