- 1 and 3/4 cups gluten
- 1 can chick peas, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Salt
- 1 tablespoon Celery Salt
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Fennel Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 20 grinds of a Pepper Mill
- Enough Tomato Paste to bind flour, chick peas and spices together
- Maple Syrup
Mince the chick peas in a food processor. Change to a kneading blade. Add all the dry ingredients.
Give a really good mix around for a minute to spread the ingredients.
Add the wet ingredients and enough Passata to make a dough, just enough so that the mix is not sticky but not too dry.
Knead the dough for 4 mins.
Shape into a loaf and wrap in aluminum foil. Make sure it’s a tight wrap.
Place in a steamer for 45 mins
Take out of the steamer and keep wrapped until cool enough to handle.
Heat up a skillet until smoking hot using either coconut oil or rapeseed oil.
Slice the loaf into 1/4″-3/8″ thick pieces and lightly coat with maple syrup.
Place in skillet for 1 minute either side until you have some parts that are a little crispy