- Half a package of pasta shells
- 2 Tbl Earth Balance
- 1 cup of coconut milk (for a lighter, thinner option, choose unsweetened, plain almond milk or other non-dairy milk of your choice)
- ½ cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- basil for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile prepare your cheese sauce.
- Melt your butter over medium low heat.
- Add in your coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk) and whisk for about 2 minutes until it reaches a very light simmer.
- Add in your nutritional yeast, garlic powder, turmeric, and salt.
- Whisk until everything is well combined, making sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of your saucepan. If its starting to boil or stick, lower heat.
- Once your sauce has thickened and everything is well incorporated, pour over your cooked noodles, top with pepper and chopped basil, and serve immediately.