These ingredients simply mix together to make a great dish. Use any type of pasta you like, bow tie, penne, spaghetti. My favorite for this dish is Campanele.
- 1/2-3/4 cup Raw Cashew Nuts, soaked for 1 hour minimum (unless using a high speed blender like a Vitamix)
- Ripe Avocado (optional) If not using avocado, increase cashews to 1 cup.
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh Basil
- ½ cup chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes (oil packed, but drained)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic (3-4 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons reserved Oil from Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Water to start
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
Cook pasta. Drain.
Place all other ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend. Use as much water as needed to only allow the blender to work.
Mix pasta and the sauce. Add in a bit of water to loosen up the dish if needed. Not too much!