- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 sm-med onions, diced
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cup TVP
- Package of Mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp vegan worstershire sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- frozen mixed vegetables, 1 bag
- 8-10 potatoes, cooked and mashed with vegan butter and plant milk, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup sun dried red peppers, roughly chopped
- 3 tbls lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dried parsley (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees\
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over med-hi heat. Saute onions for3-4 mins, add in garlic, saute until onions are softened and translucent. Add a splash of water if needed.
2. Add in mushrooms. Stir and saute for a few minutes.
3. Add water and TVP and cook until all water is absorbed and TVP is soft. Feel free to add more water as needed.
4. Add in sun dried tomatoes. Add in worstershire sauce, soy sauce, chili powder, oregano, lime juice. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring.
4. Stir in ketchup and remove from heat.
2. Spread 1/3 of the mashed potatoes in the bottom of a 2 quart (7″ x 11″) casserole dish. Add a layer of mixed vegetables, and 1/2 of the TVP mixture. Repeat. Top with a final layer of mashed potatoes, sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Sprinkle on dried parsley.
3. Bake for 45 mins, until top is golden.