- 1 1lb Loaf of Crusty Bread (Cut into cubes and let them sit out overnight to get stale.)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Stalks Celery
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dried Sage
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to Taste
- 2 – 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- Slice your bread into 1 inch cubes and let them dry out overnight to get stale.
- The next day preheat your oven to 400F (200C) and toast bread for about 10 minutes until it starts to brown. Check it to make sure it doesn’t burn! Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F (180C).
- Mince the garlic, and chop up the onion, celery.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and sauté the onions, celery until they begin to caramelize.
- Add in the garlic, sage, thyme, salt and pepper and sauté 1-2 minutes more until fragrant, then remove from heat. Stir in the bread cubes and 2 Cups broth. Add more broth as needed until bread is softened but not soggy.
- Lightly grease a casserole dish and fill with stuffing mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes until top is browned. Serve.