1 package vegan meatless Italian Sausage
1 tablespoons oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup unsweetened dairy free milk
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound bag orecchiette pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the directions.
- Drain the pasta when done and set aside.
- While this is coming to a boil prepare your meatless sausage.
- Take the wrapping off of the meatless Italian sausage and cut into 1/4″ to 1/2 ” slices.
- In a large skillet heat the oil and add the onion. Saute for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the onion from the pan and set aside.
- Add the meatless sausage and brown on each side. I did this in three batches so I had plenty of room for flipping over the sausage.
- Add a teaspoon of oil between batches if needed.
- When meatless sausage is completed add all of the sausage back to the pan along with the onion, tomato paste, milk, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 10 minutes to thicken up the sauce a bit.
- If you are serving now:
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Stir and heat through.
- Serve with a salad and crusty bread.