Makes approx. 10 fritters
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- vegetable oil
- Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients. Add water and whisk until all the clumps are out. Fold vegetables into batter.
- Heat pan on medium high heat. Add enough vegetable oil to cover the pan. You can test the oil by dropping a couple of drops of water or the batter into the oil. If they sizzle, your oil is hot enough.
- Spoon some of the batter on the pan, fitting as many fritters as you can on the pan you use. Cook until browned. You should be able to lift the fritter easily when it is ready. Flip and cook the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter, adding more oil as needed.