- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews (Cover with water and let soak overnight)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or other plant-based milk. (Add a little more or less, depending on how thick you want it.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mellow white miso paste (optional, but adds a complex, almost cheese-like taste)
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast (optional..adds a more cheezy flavor)
1. Drain and rinse the cashews that were soaking in water overnight.
2. Pour the drained cashews, almond milk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and miso into a high speed blender and blend for several minutes until completely smooth. (If the mixture seems too thick to blend, add a bit more almond milk.)
3. Pour thick sour cream into a bowl for scooping onto your favorite dishes, or pour thinner sour cream into a squeeze bottle to drizzle over everything. Refrigerate sour cream for up to 3 weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- 1 cup soaked cashews, raw
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)