This is a very simple dish that serves 4-6 and can be cooked in under 30 minutes.
- 2 cups plain unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1/2 cup whole raw cashews (soaked for one hour in water if possible)
- 1/4 cup mild olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 T nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 T mellow white miso paste (optional, but adds flavor)
- 1 and ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper (can use black pepper)
- 1 tsp Cornstarch or Arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Fettuccine noodles (1 box)
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1 basket of Baby Bella Mushrooms (can use canned also)
- 2 cups or two head of Broccoli Florets (cut off stalks, cut into smaller chunks)
- 1-2 cups of baby sweet tomatoes.
- You can add other veggies such as onions
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley (or used dried parsley) optional
- Vegan Parmesan (see recipe here on how to make)
Cook broccoli in pot of water or microwave until tender. Drain and set aside.
In pot of water on the stove and add pasta noodles when boiling. Cook until desired doneness.
Process all sauce ingredients in a blender on high speed for 2 full minutes or more until creamy.
Prep veggies. Slice mushrooms into 1/8″ thick slices. Cut tomatoes in half. Trim stalks from broccoli.
In large skillet or pan, add olive oil and cook mushrooms until soft and browned. Add in cooked broccoli to pan and stir. Add salt, pepper, and more oil or water as needed to prevent sticking. When broccoli and mushrooms are cooked through, add in tomatoes and stir for two minutes over heat. Then add in blended sauce.
Cook over medium-low heat, stirring slowly and continually, until the mixture just comes to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low to keep warm until ready to serve; stir occasionally. If mixture seems too thin, add in a slurry of a teaspoon of cornstarch and water to the sauce.
Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon mixture over the plated noodles.
Garnish with vegan parmesan (make your own!) and chopped parsley.