- 2 red potato (peeled and diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 large sweet onion (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons Just Mayo or Veganaise
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- Salt to taste
Boil veggies till soft (about 12 minutes)
Blend along with 1 cup (more or less) of the broth the veggies were cooked in. Add in enough broth to allow blender to work well.
Then add in a few spoonfuls of vegan mayo for added creaminess. Add in nutritional yeast (for a more cheesy flavor and added vitamin B12, but optional). Salt to taste.
Add to macaroni noodles of your choice
Alternate to try:
Yield: Serves 4
- 8 ounces macaroni elbows
- 100 grams potato, cubed
- 200 grams butternut squash, cubed
- 100 grams cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup almond milk (unflavored), at room temperature
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp white or yellow miso
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Soften the cashews by soaking in hot water for 20 minutes or cold water for 4 hours or more.
- Cook macaroni al dente or as per package instructions. Drain, reserving the water, and set aside.
- Place potato, cauliflower and butternut squash into a deep pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes or until soft enough to blend.
- Heat oil in a pan and roast garlic until brown.
- Add sauce ingredients to a blender. Blend well until smooth while adding some of the reserved cooking water a little at a time to thin if required. If you have added roasted butternut squash to the sauce give it time to thin out while blending. Adjust salt, pepper and seasonings to taste.
- Add pasta to a bowl and cover with your creamy, cheesy sauce. Enjoy!