- 10-12 new potatoes
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked for 10-15 minutes and then chopped
- 1 cup green peas (frozen works best)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A handful of basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place cashews in a glass of water for 15-30 minutes to soften. Boil potatoes until they are soft.
- In a large pan, add the cashews and allow them to gently roast. Add the steamed potatoes and toss them to coat. Add a 1/2 cup of water and the tomato paste into the mixture.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes and simmer them for 5-8 minutes. Add all the spices.
- Stir the mixture well to coat the potatoes.
- Simmer the dish until the cherry tomatoes are cooked through. This should take 3-5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and peas. Simmer them until the sauce begins to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chopped basil to the top and serve the dish immediately.