Originally posted here: https://www.noracooks.com/instant-pot-vegan-alfredo-sauce/
I tweaked the recipe to my liking and cut the ingredients in half as I felt it made too much.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cauliflower (fresh or frozen) About 1/2 full head, cut up
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, no need to soak
- 3 cups vegetable broth, or 3 cups water and one tablespoon of roasted garlic bullion
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 box cooked fettuccine pasta (whole grain or gluten free if needed)
- steamed broccoli, optional but tasty
Push the saute feature on the Instant Pot. Add the olive oil and minced garlic and cook for a minute or two, until fragrant.
Now turn off the saute, and add the cauliflower, cashews and vegetable broth/water. Cook in the Instant Pot on high manual pressure for 3 minutes, making sure it’s sealed so the pressure can build.
Once it beeps and is done, carefully release the pressure.
Transfer to a blender, add nutrional yeast, salt and blend until very smooth (may need to do this in batches as it probably won’t all fit in the blender at once). Please note that blending hot items has some danger and is better to blend smaller batches (1/4 of the container max).
Pour over pasta and serve immediately with steamed broccoli or kale if desired.
In a large pot, saute the garlic in the water for a few minutes until fragrant. Add the cauliflower, cashews and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the pot, add salt to taste and serve.