Originally from Eat More Plants
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or oil, or mix of the two
- 2-4 links of Beyond Sausage, sliced.
- 1 & 1/2 cups of chopped onion
- 3 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 & 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 cups veggie stock
- 1 flax egg (2 TBSP warm water, 1 TBSP flax seed)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 & 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 loaf of french bread
Chop loaf of bread into 1-1.5″ chunks. Place on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes. You just want to dry them out. not cook them.
In a sauce pan, add your olive oil/butter. Fry up the sausage slices until seared and then remove the sausage and set aside. Leave the oil/butter.
Add onions and garlic to the pan with the oil/butter. Cook for 5 minutes until softened.
Add celery to the pan and cook for 5 more minutes.
Add parsley and thyme and cook for 1 more minute.
Add veggie stock and deglaze the pan. Bring to a boil.
Add flax egg and dates. Salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
Place bread chunks in a 9×13 baking dish. Pour mixture over the bread and toss to combine. Add sliced sausage on top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.