Makes 8 large rolls.
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion finely chopped
2 sticks celery finely chopped
1 package mushrooms, diced
1 tsp nutritional yeast
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 package puff pastry (suitable for vegans)
Almond milk for brushing.
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F
2. Heat oil in pan. Fry onion and celery for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and thyme to the pan, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. Add soy sauce and cook for a further minute before removing pan from heat.
5. Sprinkle flour onto work surface and roll out pastry into 2 rectangles (each approx. 4 inches (10cm) high x 12 inches (30cm) wide). Trim edges with a knife for straight sides.
6. Spoon 1/2 the mushroom mixture into the bottom half of the first pastry rectangle, leaving a 3/4″ gap from the side and bottom edges.
7. Brush a little almond milk along the edges.
8. Fold the top half of the pastry over to meet the bottom edges and press down along the edges with your fingers.
9. Press down with a fork along the side and bottom edges. Using a knife, create 3 small incisions in the rectangle top, dividing it evenly into 4 mushroom rolls.
10. Repeat steps 6 to 9 for the second pastry rectangle.
11. Brush the top of the rolls with almond milk and bake in oven for 20 minutes.