As first seen on Esther the Wonder Pig’s facebook page. 🙂 I modified the recipe a little.
- 1 package Field Roast Sausage
- 1 Package of Penne Pasta
- 2 small cans of marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from one lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 quart of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast (otpional)
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes (sliced in half) about 1 cup or more
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 pound or 1 bag of frozen peas
- Salt and pepper
In a large sauce pot, add in artichoke hearts (and liquid), coconut milk, lemon juice and zest, onion powder, broth, nutritional yeast. Heat to boiling. Add in pasta. Stir. Add in cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic and peas. Heat to boiling then turn down and simmer for 12-15 minutes until pasta is done. If the liquid is too thin, add in some corn starch mixed with a little water to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
While simmering, slice the sausage diagonally into thin slices. Fry in a skillet until a bit brown and crispy.
When the pasta is ready to be served, stir in the sausages. Serve in a bowl with fresh basil as a garnish.