(Makes about four double-tortilla quesadillas)
– 1 1/2 cup soy curls
– 1/2 bar annatto paste
– 1 tomato
– 1 cup orange juice
– 8 tortillas
– 8 oz vegan melting cheese
– oil spray
– salt to taste
– guacamole to serve on the side
– Hydrate the soy curls in hot water.
– Drain the soy curls and press to get rid of as much water as you can.
– Heat up a pan, place the soy curls inside.
– Sauté until they are golden brown.
– Blend the annatto paste, the orange juice, and the tomato together.
– Pour in a pot and bring to a light boil, add salt to taste.
– Let the annatto sauce simmer, while stirring constantly, until it changes color.
– Pour the sauce over the soy curls and mix on medium fire.
– To build each quesadilla, place a tortilla at the bottom, top with half the cooked soy curls.
– Top the soy curls with half the vegan cheese and place another tortilla at the top.
– Do the same for the other quesadilla.
– Heat up a pan and place the quesadillas on it.
– Flip them when the bottom is golden brown.
– When the other side is ready, take them off the heat and cut each into four pieces.
– Place the pineapple pieces on the hot pan until they are seared on both sides.
– Serve the quesadillas with guacamole on the side.