Inspired from a video by Bosh! I tweaked it to make it easier and use ingredients in my pantry. And it is awesome. Simple. Inexpensive. Tasty.
- 1 Jar of Sundried Tomatoes in oil (we will use 1/2 cup for the sauce)
- 1 Jar of Roasted Red Peppers (we will use 1/2 cup for the sauce)
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 cup of soaked raw cashews. No need to soak if using a Vitamix
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbls of lemon juice (or squeeze half a lemon)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Package of pasta
- 1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup or roasted red peppers
- Pine Nuts (optional)
- Parsley (optional) (can also use chopped baby spinach)
Put pasta on the boil to cook
Blend all sauce ingredients. Note, if using a lower powered blender, you will want to blend the cashews, garlic, oil, and water until the cashews are fully blended. Then add in the other ingredients. Blend until full smooth and mixed.
Drain cooked pasta. Stir in sauce to pasta.
Chop up the 1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes and roasted red peppers and add to pasta, stir in.
Garnish with pine nuts and chopped parsley for color.