for 4 servings
- Package of pasta
- 3 cups shiitake mushroom cap, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup of frozen or canned peas (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup cashews, soaked overnight (unless using a strong blender
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Toss mushrooms, oil, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Arrange mixture on parchment paper or silicone lined baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes. Flip the mushrooms and continue baking for 7-8 minutes, or until mushrooms are crispy and brown. Or if you are lazy, just cook them for 14 minutes
- Cool mushroom slices
- For the sauce, combine cashews, olive oil, garlic cloves, nutritional yeast, milk, lemon juice, pepper, salt, and paprika in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Drain water from pasta and return pasta to pot.
- Add the sauce and stir until pasta is well-coated.
- Defrost (if frozen) and heat up peas in a microwave or stove top.
- Mix in mushroom bacon peas, stir well.
- Top with parsley.
Can use any mushrooms instead of shitake. I have made this with sliced baby portabella
Serve with crusty bread or garlic bread