- 3 cups cooked sweet potato (about 3 or 4 sweet potatoes, depending on size)
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash (about 1 butternut squash)
- 1 cup sugar – half brown, half white
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅜ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly ground if possible
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 4 tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 2 vegan pie crusts (see recipe)
- Cook sweet potatoes and squash by either steaming or roasting in the oven until tender to a fork. If cooking in an oven, leave skins on. Cool after baking, peel off skins and scoop out the insides. Discard seeds from squash.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place all of the filling ingredients into the blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Fill the crusts with the batter, and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to let cool for at least 30 minutes, then set in the fridge to chill for a few more hours or overnight.