- 2 8oz packages Tempeh
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole wheat crumbs, or use crumbled Saltine style crackers.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 ribs of celery with leaves, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbls vegan worstershire sauce
- 1tsp dried basil
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp dried thyme
- dash of pepper
- 1 tsp salt (reduce if using crumbled crackers with salt)
- 1/4 cup ketchup plus some extra
Heat up oil in a skillet, saute celery, carrot, onion, and garlic until soft. Add water as needed.
In a large bowl, mash tempeh to break it up into small bits. Best to use your hands and crumble the tempeh then knead it into crumbles.
Add nutritional yeast, tahini, soy sauce, all seasoning, and 1/4 cup of ketchup into the bowl and mix well.
Add bread crumbs, oats, and the sauteed veggies to the bowl. Mix well.
Put in a well oiled 9×5 baking pan. Coat top with more ketchup.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
Let sit for a few minutes before slicing and serving.