- 1/4 cup cashews (optional)
- 1/2 block of firm or x-firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cucumber
- If using a Blendtec or Vitamix, you will not need to soak the cashews. If you are using a less powerful blender or food processor, soak the cashews for at least an hour or overnight. Cashews just add some extra creaminess but are not needed.
- Add everything but the cucumber to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides as needed. Add as much water to allow the blender to work, but not as much so it is not runny. You may want to use the full block of tofu to allow a blender to have enough in the container. If you do use the full block, add in a bit more of the ingredients.
- Remove the cucumber peels, slice the cucumber in half lengthwise and remove the seeds with a spoon. You can toss the cucumber into the blender and pulse, or to have more bits of cucumber in the sauce, grate the cucumber and then mix into the blended sauce.